by Dina Schwartz | Oct 19 2016
Just because you were not born with a va-va-voom mane, it does not mean you have to settle for limp, flat hair. We know how hard it sometimes is to get those tricky fine hairs plumped and flowing in the wind. Here are a few tricks that will amp up the volume of your crowning glory:
- Washing delicate hair on a daily basis will strip off its natural oils, so try doing it only 1-2 times a week using a volumizing shampoo for fine hair (chosen based on your hair type, dry or oily). On your “off” days dry shampoo will become your best friend. Spritz it onto roots and scalp – it absorbs excess oil and adds instant volume.
- Done regularly for five minutes, scalp massages will stimulate blood flow into hair follicles plumping up limp hair. Just use your fingertips.
- Have your fine hair trimmed every 6 to 8 weeks and stick to a layered haircut that adds fullness and volume.
- Do not use more than two styling products on your hair at once. They weigh hair down making it look extra flat. Salon tip: avoid applying conditioner and mousse directly to the roots for the same reason.
- Using the medium setting, blow-dry with your hair flipped upside down. Once dry use a round brush to smooth your tresses, adding extra body.
Use the expert tips above and let your tresses speak volumes. If you need more tips, check out the fine and frizzy hair tips on influencer Jamie Stone's Pinterest page!