by HSI Professional | Apr 10 2016
This style is a nice twist on the standard ponytail by combining fishtail braids. It looks just as great at the end of the day - the messier it gets.
1. Start by gathering two 1-2 inch sections from the front of the hairline on both sides of the part and pull towards the back of the head
2. Secure with an elastic into a half up style
3. Take the small ponytail created from the two sections and push up and through the gap on top of the elastic
4. Pull the base of the ponytail horizontally to tighten the loops
5. Again, we’ll take another two strands from the half section hanging down, just behind the ears and bring to the center over the tail of the ponytail previously created
6. Secure with an elastic
7. Take the ponytail and push up over and down through the gap above the second elastic
8. Take two strands, this time farther down on both sides, at the base of the neck
9. Bring to the center over the tail of the ponytail and secure with an elastic
10. Take the new ponytail and push the hair up over and down through the gap above the elastic. We’ll repeat these steps several times, depending on the length of hair
11. Take the remaining hair and secure with an elastic a few inches below the last loop
12. Lastly, align all the loops towards the center and tug the sides to evenly loosen
View the full video tutorial here.