by HSI Professional | Dec 31 2016
The HSI Professional Glider Ceramic Flat Iron 220v Model is one great little flat iron. At only $80 it’s extremely affordable yet it still offers a great many high end features that are generally found only in much more expensive flat iron straighteners. But are you using your flat iron 220v correctly?
The Technology Behind the Glider 220v Flat Iron
First, however, you should understand a little bit more about the technology behind the flat iron 220v. The Glider flat iron straightener features high quality ceramic plates that use eight HeatBalance micro-sensors (four on each plate) to regulate temperature and evenly distribute heat so that you need fewer passes through your healthy hair. That means that you get silky, shiny results without exposing your hair to too much heat. The ceramic plates heat up in seconds, retain heat well, and prevent 'hot spots' that can burn hair from occurring.
The ceramic plates also help keep hair shiny and frizz-free. The 220v flat iron’s temperature is fully adjustable between 140-450°F so that you can adjust it for your specific hair type. It also has a digital LCD display so that you can check the temperature. The hair straightener 220v's floating plates have curved edges that provide extra flexibility to curl, or straighten your hair. The flat iron 220v not only includes the best available technology but it also comes with several extra goodies.
You’ll also receive our specially written style guide, a one year warranty and a bottle of our Argan Oil Leave-In Treatment, which has been proven to be the best treatment available for damaged hair.
Making the Most of Your Professional StraightenerWith all this power in your hands, you’ll want to make sure that you are using your 220v flat iron correctly. Here’s what you need to know.
- Prep your hair correctly. Be sure to clean your hair using smoothing shampooing and conditioning products that are specially formulated to create straight or sleek hair. Our argan oil professional smoothing shampoo and conditioners are not only gentle enough for daily use but they can also transform hair damaged by excessive coloring, chemical processing and heat styling by hydrating the entire hair follicle, making your locks smoother, more manageable and easier to style. These shampoos and conditioners also restore your hair's health, moisture, shine and elasticity with each usage
- Pat your hair dry. Resist the urge to rub your hair vigorously with a towel. Instead, use your towel to remove water from your hair by gently squeezing your hair in sections. Pat it dry, as well, to help prevent excess frizz.
- Apply a professional straightener heat protectant while your hair is wet. Before your hair is completely dry, apply a heat protectant. Use a paddle brush to smooth the heat protectant evenly through your hair. We offer an argan oil-based heat protectant that is a weightless mist that protects your hair to heat exposure up to 450 degrees F. It can also be used as a conditioning serum; it hydrates, detangles, speeds up drying time, boosts shine and creates a nourishing protective barrier between your hair and high heat styling tools.
- Blow-dry your hair. Set your hair dryer on the lowest setting and point it downward with the flow of your hair while blow-drying. The downward motion away from your roots helps your hair to dry straight.
- Select the right temperature. The heat setting you need to use will depend on your hair texture and type. In general, most professional stylists agree on these heat settings:
- Separate your hair into sections. Make the sections one to two inches thick so that they can easily pass through the flat iron 220v. Pin the sections out of the way, using the professional straightener on only one section at a time.
- Use the right technique. Start with the 220v flat iron about an inch from your scalp. Gently glide the flat iron down the section of hair, being careful not to hold the flat iron in the same spot for too long, since this will cause a ridge to form in your hair and also possibly damage your hair.
- Keep your hair straight after using your flat iron 220v. Set your blow dryer to cold on the lowest airflow setting and dry your hair carefully for about a minute, using a thick brush to guide your hair in straight motion. This will help to set your straightened hair. Immediately, apply a light hair spray or setting spray to keep your hair straight all day.
HSI Professional: Offering the Best Products for Your Hair
At HSI Professional, we pride ourselves on bringing you top-notch products that will give you salon quality results right in your own home. From our technology-packed professional straighteners such as our Glider Ceramic Flat Iron 220v Model to our argan oil-based hair care products, you’ll find everything you need to keep your hair healthy and shiny and your hairstyles professional looking. Just one shopping trip on our website will give you absolutely everything you need for picture perfect hair!