Four Products You Should Be Using After Ceramic Flat Irons
When you iron hair, what you do before you iron is it is important to keeping the style straight. However, a lot of people forget about what you should do after ironing it, too. How you finish off your style will help a lot towards keeping your hair straight the whole day long. Here's four products you should be using after you use your ceramic flat irons, and why they're so important.
Why Focus On Finishing Products?
A lot of things will contribute to the success of your style. The quality of the tools you use is a vital part of it, so you want to make sure you're investing in quality tools. The way you prepare your hair before styling also matters. However, you do need to pay attention to how you finish the style, too.
Once you step out of the door, there's going to be all kinds of things fighting to wreck your carefully created 'do. Humidity, wind, and moisture are all the enemies of straight hair. That's why you need to choose your finishing product carefully. Here's the four products that you should consider using after you straighten your hair:
Leave In Conditioner
Dry shampoo works in a similar way to the styling spray mentioned above. It's designed to soak up any moisture in your hair, so it's a great and inexpensive way to keep your hairstyle lasting longer. All you need to do is apply a little at the roots, then comb it through your hair. You can keep a bottle in your bag too, so you can top up throughout the day if your hair feels a little limp or it needs a top up.
How To Choose The Right Product For YouThere's a huge range of products out there, and if you've never used finishing product before it can feel rather overwhelming. If you need help choosing one, here's some tips for finding the best one for you.
- Consider your hair type: Everyone's hair is different, and so it will react differently with different products. Pick a product that's designed exactly for your hair type. For example, if you're prone to frizzy hair, pick products that are designed to tame frizz.
- Think about the ingredients: If you're the kind of person who wants to limit the artificial ingredients they put on their hair, make sure you're checking the ingredients lists of potential finishing products. There's lots of natural ones out there, so you have the choice. As mentioned above, argan oil could be good for you.
- Consider how often you'll use the product: You may only use the product one in a blue moon, or you may use it every day. this is going to factor into how much you're willing to spend on your product. You may want to splash out and get a high quality product, or spend less to get more of a similar one. If you're using it every day, cost will be a factor.
Tips On Getting The Best ResultsWhat you need to do with your hair will depend on what products you decide to use, but there are some good general tips to help you maintain your style:
- Prepare your hair well: Use a good quality shampoo and conditioner before you begin to straighten your hair. A good base will make all the difference.
- Never straighten your hair wet: It seems like a good idea to use your ceramic flat irons on wet hair, but in fact don't! It will just damage your hair, and you won't even get a good result.
- Set your temperature: Use the lowest temperature possible, to avoid possible heat damage.
Pick yourself a hair product, and you'll see what a difference the finish can make.