I love my hair when it is straight and shiny and sleek. In my quest to make my hair look good, I find a hair straightener to be a very valuable tool. Over the years I have learned what works best for my hair type and length, how much effort it takes with a flat iron to fix my hair, and what type of flat iron works best for me. Knowing what I know now, buying a new flat iron is a relatively easy task for me.
But that was not always the case. Purchasing my first flat iron needed a lot of thought. So if you are headed out to purchase your first flat iron, do not feel confused. Read the tips below that can help you narrow down the choice of flat irons and make you consider things that you may not have thought of before.
- Flat irons come in many different styles and sizes. Figure out the size of straightener that will work best for your hair type and hair length. At HSI Professional, we offer many different sizes of flat irons- 1” ceramic flat iron, a mini 0.5” for lighter hair, and a 1 1/4” for thicker and longer hair, besides others. If you travel a lot, carrying around a big, bulky flat iron may not be a good idea. You may want to go for a smaller, travel-sized version. Choosing the right size will help you style your hair with maximum ease.
- Think about your needs. Are you going to use your flat iron on a daily basis or occasionally? Are you going to straighten or style your hair? Knowing the answers to these questions will help you more easily pick a flat iron and not feel overwhelmed by the wide variety of flat irons available. Flat irons may be designed differently to best perform certain functions. Our Glider Titanium Professional Flat Iron from HSI Professional, for example, has floating plates with curved edges that provide extra flexibility to straighten, curl, or flip your hair.
- Think about safety. If you are going to use your flat iron in a rush, in a small space, or in a place with lots of other stuff around, you may want to buy a flat iron that comes with an auto-shut off option. That way you do not have to worry about unplugging your flat iron, and still maintain safety. Some flat irons also come with gloves to protect your hands from the heat. This is also a good idea to buy, especially if you tend to rush or not be very careful when using your flat iron.
- Some hair straightening irons come with adjustable heat settings. This is another very useful feature, especially if you are going to be sharing your flat iron with someone else or if you need to adjust the temperature to your liking.
- The materials used in making flat irons can also differ greatly. Ceramic irons are pretty standard these days, while some may use ceramic tourmaline plates. Our HSI Professional Glider Ceramic Flat Iron features ceramic tourmaline plates with four HeatBalance Infrared micro-sensors on each plate to regulate the temperature and ensure even heat distribution. It also has a wide-range temperature control from 140 to 450 degrees Fahrenheit, reflective floating plates with curved edges that provide extra flexibility to straighten or curl your hair, as well as a 360-degree swivel cord for better movement.
- Last but not the least, you also need to think about your budget. Since this is your first time purchasing a flat iron, investing in something that is very expensive may prove useless. A better option may be to get something relatively inexpensive and simple that you can try out and feel comfortable using. Once you get used to using a flat iron for hair straightening, you can purchase something more expensive and with the features that you now know are useful for you.
Purchasing your first flat iron can be an easy task with these tips above. As a great start, you can look at HSI Professional’s website to get an idea about the different types of flat irons that we offer. Details about each flat iron are provided, so you can decide which one will be the perfect first buy for you.
All of our flat irons are professional quality and have gotten rave reviews from users. Our quality and pricing are unbeatable too, so you know you are getting the best flat iron for yourself.