by HSI Professional | Mar 28 2017
Sometimes it feels as though your hair just doesn't know what it wants. One day, it's lank and stringy. The next, it's wild and refuses to be tamed. The day after that, it just won't lie still. Why won't your hair behave itself? If you feel as though there's no hope for your hair, think again. A professional straightener could be just the thing to make your hair do as it's told, for the first time in its life. Don't believe us? Here's how.
The Importance Of A Good Quality StraightenerIf you don't already own an ionic flat iron, then you'll need to buy a good quality one to get the best results. This is because a cheap iron may save you money in the short term, but they just can't give you the results you need from a flat iron. Instead, you want a quality tool that will last for years, and help you get that hair under control. Here's some features you should be on the lookout for:
- Ceramic plates: At the very least, the plates should be ceramic. This is because ceramic helps distribute heat evenly, avoiding possible 'hot spots'. Some irons come with ceramic coated plates, which sound like a good idea but should be avoided. The ceramic can chip off, leaving cracks in the plates which can snag your hair.
- Heat selection: Any flat irons that don't let you pick the heat should be avoided at all costs. Heat styling at the wrong temperature can damage your hair, so you want to make you're styling at the right heat. Pick irons that let you set the temperature.
- Auto shut off: This is something you should look for in all styling tools. This feature means that even if you forget to switch your irons off, they'll turn off after a certain time. Your home will be safe and you'll never have to worry about them again.
Use Your Tool Correctly To Get The Best ResultsOnce you get that flat iron, you need to know exactly how to use it to get the best results. Here's a few tips to get you started.
- Pick the right heat: The hotter your flat irons are, the more damage they can do to your hair. Test your new irons by trying them at the lowest setting first. Keep upping the heat until they start having an effect. Keep your flat irons at this temperature, and they'll do a great job without damaging your hair.
- Use a heat protectant: Even with the temperature set correctly, you want to take steps to protect your hair. Use a good heat protectant before you use the flat irons. It will create a barrier between your hair and the irons, meaning less heat will reach your hair and potentially damage it.
- Section out your hair: Before you get started, take the time to section out your hair. This helps you see exactly where you've already straightened your hair and stops you going over the same sections again and again. This will help lessen any heat damage to your hair.
Don't Just Straighten Your Hair
Of course, your ceramic flat irons can do more than just straighten your hair. There's all kinds of looks that you can achieve with just the one tool. The most popular thing people like to do is curl their hair with their straighteners. It's easy to do, too. All you have to is wrap a section of hair around the plates, and run it through.
This gives you effortless curls that will last for hours if you set them right. You can also get beachy waves with a straightener, too. All you have to do is braid your hair, then press the plates on the braid for a few seconds on each section. Let them cool, unplait the braids, and then you'll have the hair style you've always wanted.
Buy A Great Straightener With HSIOk, so you've decided to buy yourself the best straighteners you can in order to tame your hair, once and for all. If you really want quality, then we recommend one of the auto shut off flat irons from our HSI range. All of them boast the following features:
- Auto shut off: For peace of mind when you leave the house.
- Heat Balance' technology: Our pioneering technology means that your flat irons will measure the heat on each section of the plate, and adjust it accordingly if it's too hot or cold.
- Quick heat up: So you can get your hair styled as quickly as possible.