What we beauty girls love the most about the Grammy is buzzed about hair and make up trends that hit the red carpet and the stage. And I have to say, the Grammy's this year brought a variety of looks that we're both subtle and stunning.
That being said, the 59th annual Grammy Awards were epic in more ways than one this year, with contenders rocking every hairstyle form romantic updos and luxurious curls to braids and bone straight tresses.
But the look I love the most came from one of my favorite natural hair girls, Solange, who took home her very first Grammy for Best R&B Performance for her song, "Cranes in the Sky". She and her big sis Beyonce became the first sisters in history to both be winners - congratulations ladies!
Solange always has great style, and rocked her natural locks along with perfectly arched brows. Her stylist created this loose and light afro style for the singer in just an hour! Of course after seeing this look on Solange we had to recreate it :-)
HSI Heat Protectant Spray
Wide tooth comb
Blow Dryer with nozzle
Vented Brush (Paddle brush works too)
2. Use a t-shirt to dry hair and then apply heat protectant spray throughout. Comb hair with wide tooth comb, starting at your tips. By working from ends to roots, you will help prevent breakage as you detangle.
3. Section hair into 4 using your hair clips.
4. Using your paddle brush, blowout your hair on low heat until it is almost straight. Work your way through each section carefully. Be sure to replace your hair clips after blow drying so your hair remains sectioned.
5. After you've completed the blowout process, you'll want to curl your hair. I recommend using tapered curling wand or smaller 3/4 barrel wand. Again, work your way through each section, curl the hair in small pieces to give it lots of volume.
***For a no heat version of this process, try using a Bantu Knot Twist Out and then follow the steps below.
6. After you've completed all the section, you will need to brush out your hair gently with a vented brush. Use a texturing spray to help the hair maintain its natural look and create volume.
7. Shape hair loosely around the face and upwards for this ultimate Solange Grammy look! For e little extra shine, spritz hair lightly with your go-to hair oil.
BOOM. You're officially red carpet ready.