by HSI Professional | Feb 23 2017
Are you fed up with your straight locks? Everyone needs a change, and sometimes changing up your hair style is exactly what you need. The curly look is finally having it's day in the sun, after years of straightened hair being the height of fashion. If you're worried about getting used to a new way of doing your hair, fear not. This guide gives you everything you need to know to kill it with your curls.
How To Get The Curls You Want
Ok, so what's the best way to get curly hair? In the past women relied on perms that gave you a permanent curl, but were murder on your follicles. There's the world of rollers, which can get a result, but they have to be left in overnight to work properly. If you don't feel like sleeping on a pile of rollers, you won't be the only one. So what's the answer? It's hair curling sets, of course. Whatever you choose, you have a tool that can give you the look you want anytime you want it. All it takes is ten minutes and the right tools to get a super stylish look that can last all day.
Buy The Right Hair Curling Irons For YouThere's so much choice out there when it comes to hair curling sets that you may not know where to start. We can help you with that. Here's what you need to be looking out for:
- Barrel size: This is a personal choice, depending on how big or tight you want your curls to be. The general rule of thumb is the bigger the barrel, the looser the curls. Of course, you need to keep your hair length into consideration too. After all, if you have a bob you're going to find it hard to wrap your hair around a huge barrel.
- Wand or irons: There's two main types of curling tools. There's the trusty curling irons or tongs, which work by clamping your hair in place along the barrel. The newer wands work by you holding the hair on the barrel yourself. If you want tighter curls, go with the tongs. If you want more relaxed curls, the wand is the answer.
- Correct barrel material: The best curling wands have ceramic barrels. Ceramic is an amazing material to work with, as it distributes heat evenly, minimising damage and creating a great look.
HSI Hair Curling Wands Are For YouNow you know what you're looking for, take a look at what's on offer in the HSI store. we have a fantastic range of curling wands with features that make curling your hair as easy as falling off a log. Here's how they can benefit you:
- HeatBalance technology is exclusive to our range, and it ensures that your curling wand will stay at the same temperature the whole way along the barrel.
- Digital temperature readout means that you can select the right temperature for your hair, keeping it protected from potential heat damage.
- Auto shut off means that you never have to worry about leaving your curling wand on again. After a certain period of time they'll just shut off for you.
- Quick heat up means you'll never be waiting around for the curling wand to heat up. It'll be ready in seconds, so it's ready to go when you are.
How To Use Your Curling Irons For The Best Results
Now you've picked the HSI professional curling iron set that's right for you, you need to know how to use it. Here's the complete guide on getting the curly style of your dreams. Step One: Wash and condition your hair. For maximum shininess, try using a leave in conditioner to nourish your hair and have it ready to be styled.
Step Two: Dry your hair. It sounds like it may be quicker to curl your hair wet, but it doesn't work. In fact, all you'll manage to do is fry your hair before drying it! Dry thoroughly first to avoid this.
Step Three: Use a hair protectant. This product, when applied to your hair creates a barrier between your hair and the barrel of the curling iron. This stops a lot of heat damage in its tracks.
Step Four: Turn your curling wand on and wait for it to heat up. As you do so, divide your hair out into sections. This helps you ensure you get all of your hair styled, and that you don't go over the same sections more than once.
Step Five: Take your curling wand and wrap a section of hair around it for a few seconds. If you're using the right temperature, it should curl in that time. If not, you many need smaller sections, or to up the temperature of your iron.
Step Six: Pin up your curls as you work, so they can cool. If you let them drop the curl will just fall out.
Step Seven: Once your hair is cool, take the pins out and run your fingers through your hair. That's it, you now have beautiful curly hair! It's much easier than you'd think to get a curly style that looks good.
Buy yourself a good curling wand and get to work! You'll have hair that's the envy of everyone around. Nothing feels better than that.