Who doesn't need an easy and sophisticated bun style that is office appropriate? Plus, this bun exudes old hollywood glamor, which instantly creates a sense of power for the wearer and their audience. Besides, everyone needs an easy, stylish hair trick in their back pocket for those days when our locks have a mind of their own.
Once all of the needed tools and products are gathered and your hair is dry, we can get started!
- Take a dime sized amount of HSI Professional's argan oil leave-in treatment and spread it through your hair from mid length to ends. This will prevent any frizziness and keep your hair shiny!
- Let dry.
- Grab a thick top layer of your hair - from your crown to the back of your head at eye level.
- Separate these into two sections, leaving the topmost layer to the side for a moment as you tease the second layer with your boar bristle brush
- Now tease the top layer slightly and smooth it over the second layer, meeting the two layers into one thick top layer as in step 3.
- Smooth any excess hair down with your bristle brush and a pull into a ponytail at the back of your head at eye level.
- Take the remaining lower half of your hair and pull into a ponytail just below the first ponytail.
- Tease this second ponytail with your bristle brush.
- Now bring both the first pony and second pony together, and roll into a bun toward the nape of your neck. Some medium haired ladies will simply need one roll, or a scoop, toward the nape of their necks.
- Once the hair is rolled toward your neck, secure in place with a few bobby pins against your lower head/nape.
- Any stragglers falling out of the bun or ponytail? Keep em there, we will fancy them with the smallest part of our HSI Professional's tapered curling wand to create a nice relaxed curl.
- If there are not any already, you can pull a few face framing strands from your pony and curl those as well.
- If you have bangs like Zooey, just make sure to curl them slightly so there do not lay flat on your forehead.
- Once all the strands are curled, spritz everywhere with hairspray and you're ready to go!
Wasn't that easy? Great way to look fresh on a day you hit snooze one too many times. Stay tuned for more exciting hairstyles for your everyday life.