by HSI Professional | Sep 06 2016
It seems as if style trends come and go almost as fast as Kim K can post a selfie. So how is it that certain trends never go out of style? The same can be said of Hollywood's newest - and current favorite - hair trend: BALAYAGE!
What is balayage? Marie Claire explained it perfectly, "Balayage is a French word meaning to sweep or to paint. It allows for a sun-kissed, natural-looking hair color - softer, less noticeable regrowth lines. The principal idea being less is more when creating soft, natural looks."
So how is it you can achieve this natural, soft look? Firstly, speak to your hair stylist to help pick the right shade that matches your natural skin tone. After completing the balayage process, you're going to want to maintain the shine! Here are some steps as to how you can keep a natural, healthy balayage look using HSI Professional's hot tools and products.
- Before blow-drying your hair, make sure to pour a dime-sized amount of our amazing Argan Oil Leave-In Treatment to keep your hair healthy, shiny, and glamorous!
- Using any of HSI Professional's salon quality hair dryers, spend the time blow drying your hair to a nice, sleek look.
- The best type of hair to match this look are loose waves or big curls! Before moving on to curling your hair, we recommend spraying on our Thermal Heat Protectant Spray as the ultimate guardian angel to your delicate tresses.
- HSI Professional provides an array of hot tools to help you achieve the look you want. For this look, it is recommended you use the HSI Professional Groover Kit! This is a professional hairstyling curling wand that features four differently-sized barrels that give you the maximum range of curling options! That way, you can choose how big (or small!) you want the curls to be.
- Now take those hands and run them through those curls! Careful not to snag that hair! Spray a tad more of our Thermal Spray to keep it healthy and shiny -- and now you've achieved the natural wavy look to accentuate that sexy balayage!
Want some more balayage hair inspo to help you decide? Check out some of the photos down below!
We're not lying when we say this balayage is gorgeous!
Always a natural beauty, we are not shocked to see her on this list!
Up-and-coming model, Gigi Hadid, showcases her subtle and classic balayage, paired perfectly with her beach waves. Love!
Pictured with a stronger look, Khloe Kardashian combines her balayage waves with a chic, smokey makeup look.
KIM KARDASHIAN WEST
Can you believe she's a mother of two? Kim Kardashian never fails to keep up with the latest trends, shown here with a very subtle wave.
Did you try out this look? Make sure to comment and share a photo of your beautiful balayage waves!