by HSI Professional | Mar 17 2016
Today we’re going from bland to bombshell with a voluminous bouncy blow out. Here's 19 steps to the perfect salon blowout.
- After washing the hair, apply HSI Thermal Protectant to protect the hair from heat damage. It’s not too heavy or sticky and works great with most hair types.
- Section off the hair in a straight horizontal line from the bottom.
- Apply product and comb through, to be sure it’s applied evenly.
- Section off the crown and spray the roots with root lift. This will help give your roots the lift to achieve maximum volume.
- Massage the product into the roots.
- Then section the hair.
- Section out the crown at a diagonal curve toward the back and secure with a clip. This is typically where we want the most volume.
- Begin blow drying with the HSI Dryonizer in one inch sections with a round brush.
- Focus the heat at the roots and guide the brush up and away from the scalp.
- The angle you pull your brush away from the head is always important. The higher the angle the more volume it produces.
- Also, always remember to blow the hair in the direction of the hair shaft to avoid any frizz. Using the nozzle attachment helps direct the airflow better.
- Continue with each section pulling up and away from the head.
- Once the ends are dry you can twist, wrap and place the hair to the side with the brush. This will set the hair to give it a bouncy feel.
- When you reach the crown section, over direct at the root to create more volume in that area.
- For this style, we want to twist and place the hair away from the face.
- Go back through the crown and spray the roots with hairspray
- Then backcomb in one inch sections to reinforce the volume.
- Finally, blend the waves by running fingers through the style.
- As an optional finishing touch, use some leave-in Argan oil treatment for a healthy looking shine.