by HSI Professional | Mar 17 2016
Are you wondering why you’ve been growing your hair out for so long and it’s been going nowhere? Is it frizzy and out of control or do you feel like your scalp is the Sahara Desert? Does your hair brush have a ball of hair in it after you’re done brushing?
If you have any of these problems you may be suffering from dry hair. Let’s start by understanding why your hair is so dry.
- Seasons have a huge effect on your hair. Summer problems: A lot of overexposure to the sun, Swimming, and products that dry out your hair with alcohol. Winter problems: Intense dry air everywhere, cold dry air as well as indoor heat sucks moisture right out of your hair.
- Way to Common Smoothing Treatments. When treatments are done too frequently they will build up protein in your hair leaving it brittle.
- Hormone Changes. When your hormones are off, odd changes can happen to your hair. One of those changes is hair dryness among other things, so visit your doctor.
- Some Shampoos have WAX! Yes, I said wax that coats the hair and drys it out. It acts as a plastic wrap coating the hair and blocking oxygen.
- Get rid of Cheap Products and get high-performance products.
- Avoid High Heat. Never put high heat over your hair for a long period of time or any heat over 400 degrees. The HSI Professional dryer is a very good.
Quenching The Cuticles
Put a Humidifier in your room Always have Coconut Oil on hand Use High-performance Products This first one is an amazing thing and simple. Put a humidifier in your room. It can help with not more than just dry hair. It’s great for your skin and eases dry sinuses. This is not just for when you are sick but used for so many different things. You can add your favorite essential oil to give it more of a holistic approach that will disburse a good aroma.
Always have coconut oil on hand. You can apply very lightly and comb it through your hair and seal your cuticles or leave it on as long as you want and then shampoo and condition as normal. Make sure you are using a high-performance products. By that I mean bad products have chemicals that are no good for your hair. Some products have leave such a bad residue that it is actually visible when you scrape the layer off with shears. So this is wrapping up your scalp and hair like plastic wrap and blocks oxygen that causes flaking, hair loss, a weighted down look, your hair never feels clean, it’s dry, brittle, damaged and frizzy.
For beautiful locks you can whip up an amazing duo to treat your hair and I've done this before. It sound weird, but trust me. In a bowl add avocado, honey, coconut oil, and some milk, (organic is best). Whip it up until smooth. Pile it on and wrap your hair in a bun. You can leave it on all day if you want to but, leave it on at least 10 minutes. Rinse then shampoo and condition. You can do this as often as you’d like. It will only be good for one day in the fridge.
Add any of these to your favorite treatments.
- Argan Oil
- Eat foods rich in Omega-3 and drink plenty of water.
- Don't wear a ponytail all the time to let your hair breath. It will save your hairline as well.
- Have a cup of tea and relax trying some of these tips and tricks.