by HSI Professional | Apr 20 2017
People who are looking for more organic ways to care for their hair have plenty of choices. It seems as though the shelves are heaving with natural hair care products. They all promise to make your hair soft, supple, and easy to manage, but which ones are you meant to pick?
The two biggest natural products out there right now are coconut milk and argan oil. They're both lauded for their restorative properties, but which one should you pick? This guide will show you which product is the right one for you.
Argan oil is a fairly recent discovery by most of the world, but Moroccan women have been using this wonder oil for centuries. It's an oil derived from the nut of the Argan tree, a tree that only grows in one region of Morocco. It's used for all kinds of health restoring lotions and potions. Many women use it on their skin to heal scars or moisturize dry patches, or use it in cooking for its healthy properties. The most popular use though is for the hair.
The reason argan oil is so popular for hair is because it's packed full of Vitamin E and fatty acids. These work together to help your hair retain its softness, meaning it can give you much more manageable hair.
What's more, if you're suffering from hair loss then it could actually be the product for you. Women have reported that after using argan oil, their hair is much fuller and thicker than it was before.
There are all kinds of uses for argan oil, so if you have a problem with your hair, there's more likely than not an argan oil cure for it. It's amazing just how much the oil can do.
Coconut milk is a staple of many women's hair care routine, and it's not hard to see why. It's hard to find a better nourishing hair conditioner out there, and you can get real coconut milk quite cheaply.
Coconut milk's active components are Vitamin E and fat. The fat in the milk helps your hair retain moisture, leaving it smooth and soft to manage.
Most people use coconut milk in place of a regular conditioner. It can be used as a hair mask for super deep conditioning or mixed in with your regular shampoo for a hit of moisture every time you shower.
Argan Oil Vs. Coconut Milk
Ok, so both are fantastic hair products, but which one is the best for you? Here's the two of them, compared side by side.
- Moisturizing: Both products are amazing at making your hair smooth and soft. If this is what you're after, then either would be perfect for you.
- Price: Coconut milk can be found rather cheaply, while argan oil can be more expensive as it's a rarer product. If you're looking to save cash, coconut milk is where it's at.
- Heat protection: Argan oil can be used on its own, or in a specially designed heat protectant product such as ours, in order to keep your hair safe when using a professional curling wand or another heated styling tool. Therefore, it's the best bet if you're looking to protect your hair.
- Ease of use: Both products are super simple to use, and can be used in a variety of ways. If this is your biggest concern, then you'll be happy with either product.
- Everyday use: Both products can be used every day. That can be in a pure form, or in your favorite products such as shampoo or hair styling products.
- Regenerating hair: Both products have been said to help with hair loss, most likely due to the Vitamin E both contain that helps with hair growth.
As you can see, both products are roughly comparable in what they do. The only difference, we would say as hair styling experts, is that argan oil has the edge if you love your curling wand set or flat irons. It's a powerful way to protect your hair from heat damage, so it needs a place in your hair care arsenal.
How To Pick The Best Product
Ok, now you know the benefits of both coconut milk and argan oil, you need to know how to get the right product for you. First of all, check the ingredients. The main one should be the milk or the oil. If it isn't, there won't be enough in order to give you the benefit of it. Also, check the container if looking for argan oil. If it's not a dark brown, the oil will degrade, so avoid.
There you have it. Both argan oil and coconut milk are great for your hair. Pick your favorite and get beautiful hair, fast!