by HSI Professional | Jan 12 2017
Winter is undeniably tough on your hair. Cold and wind can dry out even the most conditioned hair. So what’s a person to do? Here are 11 tips from HSI Professional for keeping your hair moisturized this winter!
- Use a heat protectant before blow drying or flat ironing your hair. Heat protectants provide a barrier between your hair strands and the moisture-sucking heat of dryers and irons. HSI Professional offers top-of-the-line heat protectants that contain high quality argan oil.
- Use ionic thermal tools. Ionic hair dryers, such as those offered by HSI Professional, inject the hair with negative ions, which allow water molecules to penetrate deep into the hair. As a result, dry hair is rehydrated.
- Pick the right shampoo. Shampoos made from argan oil, such as those from HSI, are ideal for conditioning your hair. Argan oil is well-known for its ability to repair damaged hair. And because it is light, you can use argan oil shampoos every day without worrying that it will dry out your hair.
- Pick the right conditioner. As with shampoo, the right conditioner is critical to moisturizing your hair. HSI Professional offers an argan oil-based conditioner that matches perfectly with our shampoo to create an awesome duo for moisturizing your hair perfectly!
- Wear a cute hat over your hair. When you’re in harsh environmental conditions, such as snow, keep your hair covered in order to protect it. You will want to keep the hair that you have treated so preciously with HSI Professional products safe from damage!
- Apply UV protection. Hair exposed to intense UV rays can easily be damaged. All of HSI Professional’s argan oil-based products provide UV ray protection.
- Condition your hair more frequently in harsh weather: In cold weather months, add a weekly deep conditioning treatment to your hair care routine. Because HSI Professional hair products are based on argan oil, they can be used every day to treat your hair!
- Use a smoothing conditioner before straightening your hair. A smoothing formula, such as the argan oil ones from HSI Professional, can be applied before you style your hair in order to prevent frizz and flyaways. A smoothing conditioner can also add moisture to dry hair.
- Use the right hair brush. Metal brushes or poorly made, inexpensive brushes with uneven, jagged bristles can cause dry hair to tear, which disturbs the hair cuticle and leads to moisture loss. HSI Professional offers high quality hair brushes that are designed to give you high quality styling results while also being gentle on your hair.
- Never brush your hair when it is wet. Wet hair is delicate and thus very vulnerable to damage. It can easily be torn or broken with the bristles of even the best hairbrush.
- Use a wide tooth comb to get rid of tangles. If you have tangles in your hair, take a wide tooth comb and start at the bottom of your hair, gently working your way up to the top to detangle.
The Best Hair Care Products for Dry, Winter Hair
We at HSI Professional are proud that we offer only the best, most professional hair care products for your hair needs! Whether you are a professional salon stylist or someone that simply cares about their hair, we offer hair care products that fit your needs. Our products range from brushes to hair dryers and flat irons to our high end argan oil shampoos, conditioners, leave-in treatments and heat protectants. Argan oil is a plant-based oil made from the Argan tree in Morocco.
For many centuries Moroccans have used argan oil both as a food source (for example, dipping bread in argan oil) and as a hair and skin treatment. Argan oil is light so it can easily be used on a daily basis for your hair. Argan oil is also extremely rich in beneficial nutrients including the fatty acids that are essential for hair health--linoleic and oleic--and vitamin E.
Vitamin E is an antioxidant that helps repair and build tissue. When you apply vitamin E to your scalp, it helps reduce inflammation and repair damage to the follicles, and healthy follicles encourage hair growth. Argan oil’s special properties make it a popular cosmetic choice for many celebrities.
We at HSI are proud to bring you only the best argan oil products as well as the best brushes, dryers and flat irons for your hair care needs! We are a proud supplier to the professional salon industry and we are also proud to provide top-of-the-line products to individuals who care about their hair! So visit us today to see what we can do to make your hair it’s healthiest ever!