by HSI Professional | Apr 27 2017
Flat irons are possibly one of the best styling tools you can have in your arsenal. It truly is the Swiss Army Tool of heated styling tools, as you can do almost anything with it. Create sleek and smooth locks, curl your hair, or even create beach babe waves. That's why it's essential you have a good quality ceramic flat iron. Here's why.
Why You Need The Best Quality Flat Irons
The most important thing you need to know about flat irons, or any other heated styling tool, is that they use heat. That sounds obvious, but when used improperly, heat can be dangerous to your hair. Ever used a flat iron and seen steam coming off your locks? That's your hair essentially being boiled.
Sounds scary, but with the right flat iron, you can avoid this. A really good quality flat iron will help you get the look you need, without ruining your hair. All it takes is a little know-how and a good product.
What You Should Be Looking Out For
When shopping for an ionic flat iron, there are a few things you should be looking out for. These include:
- Auto shut off: A simple feature, but one that will give you absolute peace of mind. You can leave the house and not have to worry that you've left your flat irons on, as they'll shut themselves off after a set period of time.
- Heat controls: Essential. Don't buy a set of flat irons without this feature. Why? Because everyone's hair is different, and so will need a different temperature in order to get results. If you use flat irons without heat controls, you run the risk of using a temperature that's too high and burning your hair.
- Ceramic plates: When it comes to the plates of your flat iron, they should always be full ceramic. There's plenty of flat irons out there that have ceramic coated plates, but these are to be avoided. The coating can chip away over time, meaning the plates can snag and damage your hair. If you use full ceramic plates, you'll get an even heat and so will avoid any unnecessary damage to your hair.
- Quick heat up time: Finally, you need a flat iron that will heat up in seconds. After all, you're a busy woman, so you need to get ready quickly in the mornings. If your flat iron heats up quickly, you can get on with everything you have planned for the day.
Tips On Getting The Best Results
Once you buy your perfect ceramic flat iron, you'll need to know how to use it. It's not as simple as turning it on and running your hair through it! Here's how to get maximum results with minimum damage:
- Use a heat protectant: This is vital for your hair's health. A good heat protectant will create a barrier in between your hair and the flat irons, absorbing heat and avoiding damage.
- Section out your hair: Create sections in your hair before you start styling. This way, you can see where still needs styling, and you avoid going over the same sections again and again.
- Only use a couple of strokes: When ironing a section of your hair, only use one or two strokes. That's all you should need to get the job done, and you'll avoid causing unnecessary damage.
- Use the right temperature for you: When you get a new flat iron, test it to see what temperature you need. Start at the lowest, and gradually increase it until you start getting results. Never go above that temperature. This will ensure that you're using the right amount of heat for you.
What You're Getting With HSI Products
If you're in need of a perfect flat iron, then here at HSI Professional we have several for you to choose from. All of our flat irons feature Heat Balance technology. This means that the irons are always monitoring the temperature of the plates, ensuring there are no hot spots that can cause damage. All of our irons also have auto shut off features, reflexive floating plates, and most importantly, temperature controls. We believe that we make some of the best flat irons on the market today. Treat yourself to a new HSI set of flat irons, and you'll never go back.
A HSI flat iron will help you get the most from your hair, every day. Why settle for anything less?