You've probably already heard about argan oil in beauty circles. It sounds like it can be used for just about anything you can think of. Before you use it though, you need to know what is and what it can do for you. If you're interested to find out how it can help your hair, read on to find out more.
What is argan oil?
Argan oil is a resource found only in Morocco, and it comes from the Argan forest, where argan trees grow. The nut of the tree is collected and pressed, and that's where the oil comes from. The forest is such an outstanding area of natural beauty that it was declared an UNESCO protected biosphere in 1998.
The women of Morocco have known about the wonderful properties of the argan tree for years, and have been using the oil to keep their skin and hair healthy. It's only in recent years that the oil has made its way into other countries beauty regimes.
The top three benefits of argan oilThere's a huge range of benefits to using argan oil, but here's the top three reasons why you should be using argan for hair.
- It's packed full of Vitamin E: The secret of leave in argan oil is that it's full of Vitamin E. In fact, there's no other hair oil product out there that can top it. Vitamin E is the essential building block of good, healthy hair. It promotes hair regrowth, thanks to the antioxidants it produces.
- It's a miracle worker on damaged hair: Have you damaged your hair through bleaching, coloring, or blasting it with the blow dryer? Argan oil is a great way to mitigate some of the damage that has been done. In some cases, it can even reverse the damage. If you're struggling with dry and damaged hair, it's certainly worth trying some argan oil on it.
- There's no better moisturizer out there: Argan oil is one of the most moisturizing oils out there. A little goes a long way, so you can use a few drops to rehydrate your hair, without weighing it down. It's also a great way to fight dandruff and dry scalps, if you're looking for a natural way to solve these problems.
How you can use it in your hair
There's lots of ways you can use argan hair care products. Here's just a few methods and products to consider.
- Leave in hair conditioner: You can buy specific argan oil hair conditioners, or you can use a few drops of pure oil. Rub it into your hair after you've washed it and while it's still wet. It'll be able to work its magic on your hair and make it super soft and manageable.
- Hair styling product: Regular hair styling products contain chemicals which can, over time, break down the keratin in your hair and damage the hair shaft. Argan oil is 100% natural, so there's no chance of this happening. There's plenty of styling products available that contain argan oil, so you're spoiled for choice.
- Scalp treatment: If you buy a bottle of pure argan oil, you can use a few drops as an intensive scalp treatment. If you have a dry scalp or dandruff, you'll see results almost instantly. It'll be kind to your scalp, too.
- Shampoo and conditioner: Switch your regular shampoo with one made with argan oil, and you'll see just how much more softer and manageable your hair now is. Pair it with the matching conditioner, and you'll have the silkiest hair you've ever had.
- As a heat protectant: Our heated styling tools are our best friends when it comes to looking good, but they can also cause damage to our hair. If you like to get the flat irons or curling irons out every now and then, invest in an argan oil heat protectant. It will leave a layer between your hair and the heated tool, meaning that less damage occurs. Plus, it's a much more natural product than the others on the market.
How to pick the right product
You can either buy products with argan professional hair oil as the main ingredient, or 100% pure argan oil. Either option can work wonders for your hair, so it's up to you how you want to use it. For ease of use and to save time, buying it in products you already use, such as your shampoo, could be the right way to go. When buying products, check the ingredients label.
There's many unscrupulous sellers out there who will market their products as full of the oil, but when you check the list it isn't even in the bottle. Also, check that the bottle is a dark color. Most argan oil products are a dark brown color, as sunlight can damage the oil and render it ineffective. If the container doesn't match the description, don't take a chance on it.
HSI argan oil hair range
If you're looking to invest in argan oil hair care, look no further. We have a full range of products to suit your every need. Start the day with our argan oil shampoo and conditioner sets, and use our heat protectant to keep your hair hydrated when you're styling. There's lots more on offer, so check it out! There's almost nothing argan oil can't do. Give it a try, your hair will feel amazing.